SiteCrafting's New Site Showcases A Decade of Experience
To celebrate a decade of success, SiteCrafting turned its talented web design and development team on itself and launched a new website. The new site has been redesigned to showcase web solutions SiteCrafting offers, as well as the wide variety of industries served.
Visitors to the site are able to read about custom SiteCrafting solutions and view case studies that show the real-world application of those tools. Additional features include a comprehensive breakdown of SiteCrafting's process, a look inside the company, as well as a section devoted to SiteCrafting's community involvement. The Blah Blah Blog
, the company's popular online journal focused on development, design and the web industry, is also integrated within the new site.
SiteCrafting President Brian Forth said, "We're very excited about the new site. The design is very user friendly and shows that we are up to any web challenge a potential client might have."
The new site will continue to be updated frequently to showcase solutions, case studies, community projects and company news and events. Be sure to check back often!
Blog Spotlight: SEO
On SiteCrafting's Blah Blah Blog, President Brian Forth provides insight on how make the most of your website and avoid the SEO hype. Some highlights:
What You Should Know
1. Websites do take work and successful sites require attention which as a by product increase your Search Engine Exposure
2. There is no mysterious Search Engine formula or advantage. If it sounds too good to be true it likely is. Short term tricks and gimmicks are not replacements for a long term strategy.
3. There are simple things that you can do on several fronts
What You Can Do
1. Start by trusting your website provider. Let them know you are interested in learning more about Search Engine Optimization and allow them to explain it to you.
2. Follow Google's Webmaster Guidelines for content and make sure whomever you hire does too.
3. Look to have other relevant sites links to yours.
4. Submit your URL to Google and other search engines
5. Make sure your code is clean
6. Make sure your content contains the keywords you are looking to target.
to read the full article and learn more about how you avoid SEO scams and help your website gain visibility.
Our Community Focus
If you weren't aware of it yet, SiteCrafting loves its community. Our new site has an entire section
dedicated to the numerous ways we give back, reach out and support our community.
We provide information about our popular Gear Grants for non-profits, and showcase Corporate Sponsorships as well as our new Educational Outreach program, in which a SiteCrafting team member travels to speak to schools and public organizations about a number of topics related to web development.
An entirely new feature to the site is the Free Gear Page
. Currently offered is an extension for Mozilla's Thunderbird email client. The extension allows you to create custom templates that can be easily applied to any email message. Additionally, SiteCrafting graphic designer Michael Pierce created a custom "Gear" wallpaper, available in three different sizes. The Free Gear Page will be updated regularly so check back soon!
In This Issue:
- SiteCrafting's New Site
- Our Community Focus
- Blog Spotlight: SEO
- Interact: Coming Oct 1st!
Interact: Coming October 1st!
SiteCrafting will start holding it's monthly workshop event, Interact, the first Wednesday of every month starting in October.
SiteCrafting provides this event to current clients to allow them to work on their web-based project in an environment away from their typical work distractions, as well as to provide an opportunity for clients to receive one-on-one time with a SiteCrafting developer. All of our clients are eligible to attend this and are encouraged to register for our next event.
Our next Interact will take place on Wednesday, October 1st at 2:30pm.
Please click here
to read more about Interact and to register for this event! We hope to see you there.